The Wrexham Glyndwr University MBA programme is appropriate for anyone seeking to increase their subject knowledge, build a portfolio of management skills and enhance their future career prospects in a competitive and increasingly global environment. Throughout the programme of study, the emphasis is founded on the application of theoretical knowledge to business scenarios and problems where an operational solution is sought.
There is a mix of traditional ‘hard core’ academic business master’s modules consisting of Strategy, Finance, Marketing and HRM, which continue to be the foundation for this type of programme. The outcome is a rounded business outlook with insights into corporate governance, environmental concerns, transnational perspectives within a framework of effective and critical reflective practice.
The programme has been designed to draw upon the Institute of Directors Competency Framework which incorporates distinctive areas of knowledge, skills and mind-set traits which contribute to effective performance at a senior level within an organisation.
The aim of the module is to examine the various ways in which strategic thinking skills and supporting analytical techniques contribute to the longer-term priorities, performance and direction of an organization which encompasses and identifies the different programme routes.
The module aim is to develop students’ ability to apply effective communication planning and brand management concepts while providing an insight into the contribution to organisational performance made by enhancing sustainable stakeholder relationships and delivering customer value.
FINANCIAL INSIGHTS AND BUSINESS INTELLIGENCE
The aim of the module is to develop students’ ability of gaining financial insights and business intelligence in contributing to sustainable financial wellbeing of an organisation in competitive business environment.
HRM IN CONTEXT
The aim of the module is to enable students to independently explore and develop their skills and knowledge as a HRM practitioner via contemporary and constructive debates, using information and understanding of HRM across the strategic and operational business environment and related management functions. The module also aims to increase credibility in the field of HRM and develop frameworks to support and underpin the evolving nature of work that will integrate with other HR strategies and functions, and support human capital and business performance. The module seeks to develop analytical techniques and judgements based on theoretical models and contextual trends that impact on reward management across strategic business functions.
CREATIVE CHANGE AND INNOVATION
The aim of the module is to provide a critical insight into the essential nature of change, innovation and creativity for organizational survival and growth while encouraging recognition of the organizational tensions and performance fluctuations linked to the generation and application of change and new ideas that are prominent within the route being followed by the student.
EVALUATING RISK AND DECISIONS
The module aim is to examine, assess and critically review the types of risk faced by organisations and the strategies, methods and techniques available to mitigate and manage them while considering approaches to recovery.
RESEARCH METHODS AND DISSERTATION
The aims of the module include:
- Examining the purpose and methods involved when undertaking academic research to resolve a business/management problem through the design of a research framework and structured proposal which is centred upon a contemporary issue related to selected programme pathway being followed by the individual student;
- Developing a critical appreciation of the philosophical, practical and ethical concepts of research within the context of the business and management environment of the selected programme route;
- Gaining knowledge of software packages available to analyse data;
- Providing guidance and supervision through the dissertation process, in a systematic manner, which leads to independent study, conceptual thinking and problem-solving abilities in order to reach conclusion of relevance to business and management practitioners;
- Demonstrating the dissertation format and required chapter sequence.
Tuition: $6,000(flexible payment plan)
START DATE : September 2023
- 12 Month Wrexham MBA
- 12 Month KNUST MBA
- 12 Month KNUST Global Executive MBA
- 12 Month MSc (Accounting & Finance)
- 12 MSc IT Management
- 12 Month MSc Communication & Intl. Marketing
- 12 Month MSc Human Resource Management
- 12 Month MSc International Relations
- 12 month MSc Public Affairs
- Wrexham Glyndwr BSc (Hons) in Business and Management
- BSc IT Management
- BSc Cybercrime & IT Security
- Level 7 Extended Diploma in Strategic Management
- Level 7 Extended Diploma in Computing Technologies
- Level 6 Extended Diploma in Management Qualifications
- Executive Mini-MBA
- Executive Certificate in Business Administration(ECBA)
- Programme Brochure
- Application Form