The aim of the module is to examine the various ways in which strategic thinking skills and supporting analytical techniques contribute to the longer-term priorities, performance and direction of an organization which encompasses and identifies the different programme routes.
The module aim is to develop students’ ability to apply effective communication planning and brand management concepts while providing an insight into the contribution to organisational performance made by enhancing sustainable stakeholder relationships and delivering customer value.
FINANCIAL INSIGHTS AND BUSINESS INTELLIGENCE
The aim of the module is to develop students’ ability of gaining financial insights and business intelligence in contributing to sustainable financial wellbeing of an organization in competitive business environment.
HRM IN CONTEXT
The aim of the module is to enable students to independently explore and develop their skills and knowledge as a HRM practitioner via contemporary and constructive debates, using information and understanding of HRM across the strategic and operational business environment and related management functions. The module also aims to increase credibility in the field of HRM and develop frameworks to support and underpin the evolving nature of work that will integrate with other HR strategies and functions, and support human capital and business performance. The module seeks to develop analytical techniques and judgements based on theoretical models and contextual trends that impact on reward management across strategic business functions.
CREATIVE CHANGE AND INNOVATION
The aim of the module is to provide a critical insight into the essential nature of change, innovation and creativity for organizational survival and growth while encouraging recognition of the organizational tensions and performance fluctuations linked to the generation and application of change and new ideas that are prominent within the route being followed by the student.
EMPHASISING THE ENVIRONMENT
RESEARCH METHODS AND DISSERTATION
The aims of the module include:
- Examining the purpose and methods involved when undertaking academic research to resolve a business/management problem through the design of a research framework and structured proposal which is centred upon a contemporary issue related to selected programme pathway being followed by the individual student;
- Developing a critical appreciation of the philosophical, practical and ethical concepts of research within the context of the business and management environment of the selected programme route;
- Gaining knowledge of software packages available to analyse data;
- Providing guidance and supervision through the dissertation process, in a systematic manner, which leads to independent study, conceptual thinking and problem-solving abilities in order to reach conclusion of relevance to business and management practitioners;
- Demonstrating the dissertation format and required chapter sequence.