BSc CYBERCRIME & IT SECURITY/
Awarded by South East Technological University (SETU) in Ireland
We are Accra Business School (ABS)- a specialized business school based in Accra accredited by the Ghana Tertiary Education Commission(GTEC) and an affiliate of KNUST with six partner institutions in the UK.
With growing dependence on technology and increased interconnectivity between personal, business, government devices and critical infrastructure, the requirement for security in the IT ecosystem is amplified.
This course aims to provide industry with graduates who are knowledgeable in cybersecurity processes, practices, implementation and assessment of both IT infrastructure and software, enabling secure and scalable solutions
The course structure incorporates three knowledge pillars: software development, networking and cybersecurity. Initially the learners obtain the skills in the design and
build of computer networks and software applications. The security modules enable the learners to assess the security risk and posture of digital environments and perform remediation on identified security vulnerabilities.
IS THIS COURSE FOR YOU?
Are you the type of person who enjoys taking things apart to see how they work?
Are you interested in understanding and probing what is really taking place behind any digital media? Have you the attention and determination to complete challenges to the best of your ability?
With ever-growing concern over the privacy and security of digital information, cyber-security has become one of the fastest growing sectors in the technology industry.
The World Economic Forum identified cyber-related threats as one of the highest of all global risks from the perspective of both impact and likelihood. Professionals
with Cybercrime and IT Security qualifications and experience are highly sought after.
Career options include roles in ethical hacking, secure application development, secure network management and digital forensics.
Graduates who obtain an honours degree are eligible to proceed to suitable MSc or PhD postgraduate courses of study at Institute of Technology Carlow.
Computer Hardware 1
Applications and interpersonal
Computer Hardware 2
YEAR 2 (Level 7 & 8)
Web Programming and Databases 1
Scripting for Cybersecurity
Web Programming and Databases 2
Systems Infrastructure and Security
Project Incident Handling and Risk Analysis
YEAR 3 (Level 7 & 8)
Automating Security Practice
Cybercrime Legislation & Compliance
YEAR 4 (Level 8)
Enterprise Network Security
Basic Malware Analysis
Secure Application Development
- ‘A’ Levels – Pass in 3 ‘A’ Level subjects at grade CCC or 96 tariff points plus grade C or 4 in five GCE/IGCSE or Grade 6 in GCE ‘O’ Level subjects including English and Mathematics.
- WASSCE Holders: A1-C6 in the following Three (3) Core Subjects: English Language, Mathematics and Integrated Science plus credits (A1-C6) in Three Elective Subjects.
- SSSCE Holders A-D in the following Three (3) Core Subjects: English Language, Mathematics and Integrated Science plus credits (A-D).
- Mature applicants must be at least 25 years old at the time of application and show proof of age with birth certificate or any legitimate documentary proof of date of birth which is at least 5 years old. Applicants must register for, attend and complete Accra Business School’s access course and pass the Mature Students’ Entrance Examination conducted by the School.
- HND Holders with backgrounds in IT and its related specialty in addition to the Minimum Entry Requirements at WASSCE/SSSCE
- Foreign Applicants and all others who have any of the above qualifications or their equivalent from an accredited/recognised institution and assessed by the National Accreditation Board
- Application Fee: USD 60
- Annual Tuition Fee: USD 5,500
- Duration: 4 Years
- Start Date: September 2022
ACCREDITATION & PARTNERSHIP